Like the prize that Charles Lindberg claimed for the first non-stop flight between New York and Paris or the space industry's X-Prize, open innovation encourages progress towards clear targets without specifying the best means to achieve them. It is an approach that has earned its place as a flexible, useful tool within a comprehensive portfolio of strategies to support innovation.
Azimuth Health Group becomes one of Ontario's first health Innovation Brokers. More→
LEARNINGS FROM OPEN INNOVATION CHALLENGES
What was learned from the first ten ImagineNation challenges, plus resources for those interested in open innovation.
The following resources offer useful starting points for more information about open innovation:
- The US government's Getting Started with Challenge and Prize Competitions page
- Nesta's Innovation Policy Toolkit
- McKinsey's Using Prizes to Spur Innovation report
- Deloitte's report on The Craft of Incentive Prize Design
- Infoway's ImagineNation Challenge website with outcomes, rules, judges, awards, and more